Monday, March 15, 2010

Girls... lump in groin area?

I went to the gyno in November 2006 for a lump that is in my right groin area. It is right where my underwear line hits. It is under the skin. There is no way to pop it, or to get fluid out. It is just a lump about the size of a dime under the skin. I saw the gyno and she didn't seem to worry about it. I have now had it going on two months now. Should I be worried? If you have had a similar problem please share your experience. Any advice is appreciated. It does hurt at times, especially when my clothing rubs and irritates it. The doctor said to not shave the area and to wear loose clothing to see if that helps it clear up. Still have it though.
Girls... lump in groin area?
It sounds like it may be a boil. As your doctor said, avoid shaving and wear loose clothing/cotton panties. I would also do warm soaks a few times a day (very warm water on a washcloth will suffice). Sometimes these are caused by ingrown hairs and it make take a bit for the hair to work its way out. I don't recommend this, but I have heard other nurses who have popped them (taking a sharp needle and cleaning it with boiling water/alcohol) and just touching it lightly to create an opening. If not done properly, it can cause infection. Please try the warm soaks first! If the boil doesn't go away, see your primary care doc and see if they can do an I %26amp; D. Good luck!
Girls... lump in groin area?
It could just be a boil, but just in case I think I'd have a dermatologist look at it. He/she can offer you advice either way.





If it;s some sort of cyst or mole. Just have it removed and be done with it. I had a blackened area that was noted when I had a GYN exam. I went to the dermatologist and they removed it and biopsied it and it was just some weird cells and not cancer. The only discomfort is when they give you a shot to numb the area. I know it's not in the best area, but you really should get it removed now, especially if it's bothering you. Things like that can change down the road and turn cancerous, so best to just get it out of the way now.
Reply:What you might have is a bartholin cyct . I had the samething and it hurts like crazy when it gets bigger. It will even hurt to walk , stand and even when you sit. I had to go to the ER for this . I was told to sit in warm water in the bath tub to soak the cyct and that will help pop it . When it pops you will see some blood and some pus . It might not pop right away . Mine busted at nite. Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment