Sunday, March 14, 2010

My 2 Year Old Has A Circular Red Rash On Hip?

She has been sick for 4 days now with a fever of up to 104. She has been fatigued, only laying on the couch, and she has had diarhhea and vomitting. We have taken her to 3 different doctors. Two of them said she had an ear infection and one said she had the stomach flu. The rash developed today and is under the skin. It is the diameter of a golf ball and there seems to be a few little under the skin red spots in the middle but they are not as prominent as the ring. We took her to a doctor this evening and he doesn't think it is lyme but he gave us antibiotics anyway. She has also developed pink eye today.
My 2 Year Old Has A Circular Red Rash On Hip?
Did they check her for ringworm?? The rash you described sounds a lot like one of the symptoms of ringworm. They also might want to test her for a staph infection as that can cause some weird skin marks. I think they usually protrude from the skin %26amp; are often mistaken for spider bites. Another thing, has she had any immunizations within that the last few days? Some types of immunizations cause those symptoms too. Poor baby, I sure hope she gets better soon. I have a 19 month old little girl, so I know how concerned you must be...
My 2 Year Old Has A Circular Red Rash On Hip?
Sounds like Lyme get a blood test for it


or maybe ring worm or impetigo
Reply:I'm not sure about the rash is. I read an article on lymes, but it mentions leg pain and does not mention the diarhhea and vomitting. She could very well have the stomach flu which is viral. But if it's not that, and bacterial, the antibiotics should help her.





She may have a problem keeping the meds down, but try to make sure she gets the propper dosage. When my daughter had pneumonia, she kept throwing up the meds until I had her eat a few crackers before I gave it to her. I then had to call for more meds to replace what she vomited.





Hope she feels better soon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment