Sunday, March 14, 2010

Boils/Sores on inside thighs, help!?

I have had a problem where I get boils on the insides of my legs for several years now, they come and go, but it is usually not severe, however this is a very annoying and embarrassing problem! It is not necessarily in between the legs as its on the tops of the legs as well. Usually its about 1-2 boils a month, and they scar and they keep coming in the same places as the scars(this is the part that puzzles me the most). I want to get rid of them for good . Most of the time they have a blueish tint to them and look very gross and are under the skin.





My doctor told me to use hot compresses and neosporin with band-aids to treat them but when I do this they usually break and it turns into a whole mess so then I squeeze them. I am wondering if its better to squeeze it so all the stuff comes out of it, when i squeeze it, it feels a lot better faster or should I just put the hot compresses and let the thing linger under the skin, that doesn't seem to do much for it though.





Please help!
Boils/Sores on inside thighs, help!?
Oh honey, I feel your pain! The hot compress is a good idea to get the boil to a head faster because there is nothing better than to get that sucker to drain. I went to the dermatologist about this and she gave me antibiotics which cleared up the area so it wasn't such a harsh shade of red and purple (probably because it was infected). It's now more of a pink color that I can deal with. Without surgery I'm not sure how to get rid of them and even with surgery you'll have a scar. It's unfortunate that some people get them and some people don't. Make sure you wash the area well. My dermatologist recommended Hibiclens (it's in a small blue bottle) to use in the shower when you wash. It's supposed to kill the bacteria that could be causing the boils. I wish you luck.
Boils/Sores on inside thighs, help!?
i have the same problem.. they will never go away.. hot compresses helps with the scarring but honestly who has time for that. let them do their thing and go away on their own.. if you are overweight, lose weight... it will reduce the amount that you get but even then they may not go away completely... if you constantly get them in the same places there is a possibility they can be removed but dont get too excited about that and get ready for nasty scar... sorry sugar, its a skin condition your stuck with ... tanning does help ;)
Reply:I used to get boils on my neck, back, arms, buttocks, thighs, and penis. It disappeared approximately 2 months after I began to eat a diet of atleast 90 % raw foods(primarily fruits, vegetables, and raw fats)


No comments:

Post a Comment