Sunday, March 14, 2010

Just discovered a small lump....?

It's located behind my neck. What is it ?


It's about the size of my thumbnail, it's round, on the inside, right


under the skin. But there is a small red spot too. Is it a cyst %26gt; or an ingrown hair? Is it in a dangerous area ? I don't know if I should


go to the ER to have it checked or wait a month for a Doc. Appt.


I never felt that there before...I just dunno...oh, I just felt it again..%26amp;


I can feel the lump on my skin as well as under it.
Just discovered a small lump....?
Are you thinking "cancer"? If it hurts, it usually isn't cancer as cancer is "the silent killer" and lumps and surface signs cause no pain and are usually ignored.





Go to a doctor if you're concerned, especially if it doesn't hurt! If it hurts it may just be a cyst or an ingrown hair but even those can become infected. Have it checked out.
Just discovered a small lump....?
calm down not every sore and lump, bump etc: is something to worry about. it is probably a pimple or mole or something. Does it bother you physically if no then your fine if yes then see a physican
Reply:This Lump thats on the back of your neck? I suppose. The way you describe it, I could use a little more describtion. If it is the size of you thumbnail, or little fingernail. If the red is around the lump, does it feel warm? Is it sore to touch? The way it sounds to me from what you are saying , it is a ingrown hair maybe. Or could be a cyst like pimple. Some people have those alot. When they try to squeeze them nothing happens. Its because its like a cyst. They have to get injections.


Are you sure you haven't been bitten by anything such as a spider? This time of year I would say you don't have to worry about a tic. You may try using some antibiotic cream on it for a day or so to see if it will help it go away, while you are waiting for your Doctors appointment.


I do not thing it is in a place to worry about. But like I said I really don't have enough to go on.


No comments:

Post a Comment