Sunday, March 14, 2010

Having a problem using my epilator?

I got an epilator for Christmas, and even though at first I was absolutely terrified, I found when I used it, the pain wasn't so bad and I got on really well with it. I can't shave because it makes my legs really itch for some unknown reason.





My problem is is that I can never seem to get my legs smooth with the epilator. Some hairs get torn out with the root, but from what I can tell, some just get torn off at the very base, and I am left with patches of stubble.





Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I love the concept of my epilator but it just doesn't seem to be working! Any tips, tricks or help?





Also, today when I was using it, I noticed I had these weird hairs that looked like they were laying flat under my topmost layer of skin, the epilator couldn't grab them and I ended up having to pick at them and pull them out from under the skin individually, this did not hurt. Are they ingrowns and what can I do about them?
Having a problem using my epilator?
May I suggest something else? The epilator probably will continue to not get all the hairs to the root. Neither does waxing. Find a middle eastern person who does "threading". It doesnt hurt as bad and is very effective at removing the hair.Try it once to see if you like it.
Having a problem using my epilator?
sorry i have no tips for this but to contradict wat the other lady said. i dont think she was paying attention to the question...





threading is a method that works well for eye brows, upper lip, and facial hair. not necessarily for your "legs"





altho i do recommend it for your eye brows and facial hair :)


good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment