Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is there suppose to be a lot of stuff under my steri-strips?

I got steristrips in a week ago after i got my stitches cut. I am seeing through my steri-strips and see alot of brown and black aloung the like of the insicion. When i get out of the shower, i always see a new dot of bright red. Around the edge of the insicion, where it is barely covered by a steri-strip, there is a wierd yellow/orange liquid coming out. It isnt alot, but it is noticeable when I dab it with toilet tissue. The strips arent ready to come off yet, the edges are still stuck right on my skin.


Does this all sound normal? Or should I get some attention? I have never had stiches or steri-strips every before, so I dont know what to expect.
Is there suppose to be a lot of stuff under my steri-strips?
The brown/black stuff is normal...dried blood. If the yellow/orange liquid is mostly clear that is normal. The bright red means that there is still an opening in the incision and some blood is still coming out...should close pretty soon. Usually steristrips are worn 7-10 days so they may be coming off soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment